Are you starting to adjust with your normal meal again? Since, festive season means jolly eating with a tagline “I will eat whatever I want and the amount I want”. 😀 In short, pig out season! hehehe…
I am sharing with you few of the dishes we had and the recipes too. Including the Singapore’s favorite dish “Salted Egg Yolk Prawns”. And BONUS! My recipe too of our all time favorite dessert.
SALTED EGG YOLK PRAWNS
This Singapore dish is a must try. I asked my housemate to cook it for us. Aside from it’s my favorite. I wanted her to practice her cooking skills and master this dish. She did well and it’s oooh so yummeeey!
- 20 large prawns
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2-3 chilli padi
- 20 curry leaves
- 20g butter
STRAWBERRY PEACH REFRIGERATED CAKE
The dessert we had over a sumptuous Christmas Eve Dinner. A refrigerated cake that is so easy to prepare.
- 3 packs (200 grams/pack) of Grahams Honey Cream Crackers
- 1 big Can (345 ml/can) of Carnation Condense Milk
- 4 packs (250ml/pack) of All Purpose Nestle Cream
- 3 big cans of Peaches Halves (cut into 2)
- 1/2 Kilo of Fresh Strawberries (cut into half)
- In a bowl, combine the nestle cream and condensed milk. Mix well. (Optional: you may add condense milk according to sweetness you want). Set Aside.
- In Aluminum tray (size 32 x 26 cm), arrange 8 to 10 pieces of graham crackers or simply fill the bottom with 1 layer. (You can use any dish shape you like).
- Then on the layered crackers, spread the mixture of the milk and cream.
- Spread the cut peaches evenly on top of the cream.
- Make another layer of graham crackers on top of the peaches and spread the cream.
- This time, spread cut strawberries on top. You have to spread the peaches and strawberries alternately.
- Repeat the procedure nos. 4 to 6 until you filled the tray.
- Garnish the top layer with Strawberries and peaches alternately.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
This recipe can make you about 2 aluminum trays (size 32 x 26 cm).
JOLLYBEE CHICKEN JOY
This was a take away from Jollybee. 🙂
***All photos are taken using Samsung Note 5