Mother’s day is just around the corner, have you thought of something special for your mom? But, you don’t have the budget, worry no more here’s a few things for you to consider to make her feel special on Mother’s Day.
Giving Gifts in general doesn’t always necessarily mean damaging your pocket. I think that being creative or personalized gifts are extra special. You know that the person took much effort than just buying something over the counter and have it wrap.
Here are five ideas for Mother’s Day
1) Video/Photo Collage. Just like what my kids made for me. It’s as simple as that, there are many free sites online where you can create your own collage and it’s easy. You can try Slidely.
2) Breakfast in Bed. Surprise her with your home-cooked breakfast with simple note. If you have a garden at home, you may also pick some flowers for her. It would add beauty to your prepared meal. Just don’t touch her favorite plants, she might scream…heheh!
Attack your kitchen few days before mother’s day so you will have an idea what to prepare for her or what other ingredients you need to buy. Make sure you know her favorite breakfast and what she don’t eat.
It will be useless to make her egg omelet if she’s allergic to it. Know her body clock, you doesn’t want to get caught, do you? You need to be awake earlier than her.
If you don’t know how to cook, then this is the best time for you to surprise her. There’s a lot of tutorial in YouTube for a simple breakfast in bed.
3) DIY Mother’s Day Card. Remember our school days when one of our projects during this season is to make a card for our Mother? Handmade cards are amazing, more precious than any other cards out there. Don’t let your creative side dies just because you aged. 🙂
4) Messages in Mason Jar. All you need is any paper that you can write in, pen, scissor and empty transparent jar with cover.
Cut the paper into square, just enough space for you to write a short message. Write anything that you want to tell your mom. One message per paper. After writing your messages, roll it and put it inside the jar.
Write as many as you want. I suggest 30 rolled messages that is good for one month. Give it to her on mother’s day and ask her to pick and read one every day. I swear, it will brighten her day.
- Mom you are always gorgeous in my eyes no matter what.
- Your are the best mom ever!
- Purple color always suits you.
- Thank you mom for all the meals you cooked for us, you are the best cook!
- I want you to know that I love you every bit of my heart.
- Thank you mom for all your understanding and care.
- Your are the coolest mom on earth.
- I would love to call you “best friend” but you are fit to be called “My Mom” because you are rolled into one.
et cetera, et cetera… clue here is make it simple and personal.
5) Mother’s Day Coupons. Give her treats by giving her personalized coupons or vouchers. You got to decide what treats and the number of coupons you like to give her.
It should not caused you a penny so be GENEROUS for heaven sake!!! 🙂 If you’re going to give few treats make sure to include redemption rules, like “Claim one coupon a day” because she might claim it all at once. :- D Mom sometimes love to tease.
- Clean the kitchen/house.
- Free Car Wash.
- Free homemade dinner.
- Coffee time in our garden.
- Free hug every day for 1 year.
- Water the plants for 1 week. Free foot massage.
- Do the laundry.
And a lot more, know what makes your mom happy or do something for her that she have been asking from you.
Believe me when I say that most mothers are the same, when it comes to our kids we are very easy to please. You always melt our hearts in so many simple ways.
But, if you can afford something extravagant, like all paid holiday or a Hermes bag, do it by all means. 🙂 The goal is to make our mom feels extra special on her day.